My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
The Product Vision Manager will be successful when he/she is successful in:
• Overseeing the Market, Data, Reporting, and Legal (MDRL) center to continuously research and supply Innova with advanced visual data related to markets, new products, and future direction
• Overseeing the MDRL’s process of receiving new ideas from many internal sources and outputting recommendations of designs, marketable, and legal availability
• Identifying and/or recommend potential new product and program concepts that will re-enforce the company’s market position and meets its long-term goals
• Maintaining a bank of potential product ideas that can be immediately implemented in response to customer needs
• Evaluation of the company’s current products and programs, making suggestions for any need of addition, deletion, or improvements
• Evaluating all potential new product and program concepts for management approval
• Providing technical expertise both internally and externally. This may include presentation, training, exhibition, field testing, special assignments, etc.
• Protecting the interests of the company by maintaining confidentiality about new product development
• At least five years’ experience in the automotive industry
• Automotive Diagnostic experience required
• Automotive Technology Degree or equivalent work experience
• ASE Certified Master Tech preferred
• Ability to achieve tasks through the management of others
• Ability to plan and organize day/week around multiple productive activities
• Willingness to travel frequently to meet with customers and other relevant personnel
• Basic proficiency with MS Office and Data applications
· The Product Development Manager reports to the Product Department Director
The following are principal authorities granted to the Product Development Manager:
· Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and duties managed within the guidelines of the job description
· Purchase competitive products within established budget guidelines
The following are principal duties of the Product Development Manager:
• Seek product concept opportunities that are consistent with the company’s direction and vision for penetrating the consumer, DIYer and entry-level professional mechanic markets.
• Acquire and evaluate competitors’ products to learn lessons that can be applied to the company’s existing or prospective products.
• Promptly analyze product concepts submitted by personnel throughout the company and report overall rating, potential, and vision of the product
• Evaluate those concepts for consistency with the company direction
• Work with Marketing to establish the feasibility of potential products. Identify target buyer and distribution channel; where, when and how the product will be used; product lifecycle and any relevant competitive information.
• Develop product visualization documenting product features, functions, applications and a description of a user interface that meet the needs of end-user customers
• Review current product offering for additional products or programs that would complete the product line and ensure competitiveness
• Develop training programs and materials (i.e., manuals, videos, job aides) to educate both internal and external personnel on the features, benefits, and operation of new products
• Conduct new product training for Sales and Marketing personnel as well as any other interested internal personnel
• Provide reference materials to non-technical departments
The following will be used to evaluate the performance of the Product Manager:
• Increase sales as a result of new product introductions
• Establish targeted number of new products
• Complete new product vision assignments within established deadlines
• Act as a team player and promote cooperation across departments
At Innova, we provide competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. We value your hard work and well-being, offering competitive salaries, bonuses, and a range of perks, including healthcare, retirement plans, and more. Your dedication deserves to be rewarded, and we're here to make sure you thrive in and out of the workplace.
The pay range for this role is between $70,000 and $110,000. Your salary will depend on your skills and experience.
SUBSCRIBE & GET ACCESS TO LIMITED-TIME OFFERS